Master Bathroom, Featuring The Curbless – Barrier Free Shower Design.
The Master Bathroom is the room in the home that is utilized at the start of the day and also at the end of each day, to prepare for rest! We love the bathroom remodel due to the difference they make in our customers’ lives! Some master bath design changes can include, multiple shower heads, glass-free showers, “that today is referred to as a water room or the curbless shower”, and much more. Whatever the dimensions of an existing space may be, we want to design your bathroom that is of a beautiful & timeless design!
Curbless Shower Design Details
- This Curbless Shower Design Team Consist Of The homeowners, several outsourced design experts & Lou Vaughn. Remodeled by Lou Vaughn Only! Though this design can be used as a handicapped accessible shower, the design was desired for the client’s comfort and appearance. The project was completed in 5 weeks!
- The short wall that the glass wall is attached to accommodates the following; A soap and shampoo shower niche and an independent handheld shower control valve. Placed according to homeowners desire.
- The height placement of the wall tile stripe design was dictated by homeowners at the time of install. This was done for the real-time feel if you will.
- The ladies shaving niche was strategically placed, accommodating her comfort.
- The grab bar was positioned to hold onto for the safety when shaving her legs.
- The main shower head control valve was carefully positioned just inside the shower door. With swinging the door out, our customers can simply reach in and turn the shower on without one drop of water landing on them!
- The glass shower walls and door are 1/2″ thick and tempered! Initially, an open shower concept was the idea but changed to the enclosure for the cost-effectiveness. When considering the open shower concept, additional heating is suggested due to drafts. Heating of the floor is beneficial with either idea.
- Baseboard accent stripe
- Balance Balance Balance! Time is taken to strategically position shower valves, walls, niches, glass walls, etc. to develop a balanced /even /centered look, for an added comfort to the eye.
My husband and I found Lou Vaughn through Houzz and together designed this bathroom with a curbless shower. Lou was so knowledgeable and pleasant to work with the 6 weeks it took to complete the project. It has been one year since completion and we are still very pleased with the outcome. We highly recommend Lou for any home remodeling projects.