This room addition was built to accommodate the family and the children’s upcoming teenage years! The homes existing basement was in use for the families vintage train hobby that provided several thousand feet of track and scenery throughout! With adding the new addition, it provided 960 square feet of more open space. The new basement space was one to be desired as a result of the fact that no center steel post or beam was required! This was due to utilizing a floor TGI floor joist that spanned the 23 feet, from front to back! More key features of this room addition is;
- A Standing Seam Metal Roof. This design was used to accommodate the low angle pitch needed to clear the 2nd story windows.
- Triple Pane Windows by Gilkey. Gilkey offered the best window in terms of quality & warranty for the homeowner.
- 10″ Thick Foundation Walls. Industry standard is 8″.
- A walk out foundation.
- A free standing wood burning fireplace.
- 2 1/4″ Oak Hardwood flooring.
- Double Exterior door with full panel glass and integrated blinds.