Bathroom Remodel Consultation Scheduling & Estimate Process
Meeting Preparation – (What Sort Of Cost To Expect)
A full bathroom remodel can start at $15,000.00. Here following is an example of a small full bathroom remodel of details that would be appropriate. Excluded are homes built prior to 1978.
- Bathroom measuring no larger than 5’x8’and that’s located on the 1st floor
- Demo of tub & shower wall finish materials and substrate.
- Demo of vanity and toilet
- Installation of the Sterling preformed shower floor or tub by Kohler
- Installation of Sterling fiberglass shower panels by Kohler
- Installation of new shower handle and showerhead.
- Installation of a 30-inch vanity or smaller.
- Installation of 12″x24″ porcelain floor tile over existing floor
- No floor plan changes or painting included
Phase One: The consultation meeting is conveniently in your home. It generally lasts 30 to 60 minutes. Here are some details as to what this meeting involves to help you prepare:
- The Design Concept. The discussion of what your vision is of the new space in terms of layout and finishes. I typically will also share design ideas that add more to your space, i.e. shower functionality, vanity configurations, etc. Often during our discussion, I will check the dimensions of the space, to confirm that we are headed in the right direction in creating a design that offers a comfortable flow and functionality.
- We will discuss some details as to how I will perform in your home during the project.
- We will discuss where I can store your materials and where I can cut materials. The closer I can cut and store materials to the bathroom being remodeled, the quicker I get done and it saves you money. If it’s on the second floor, I typically use the master bedroom or another bedroom.
- We will discuss details regarding dust management. Go Here to see some of the equipment we use for dust control.
- I will take measurements, photos, and perhaps a video of the space.
By the conclusion of the initial meeting, I’ll have a general idea of the cost involved in completing the project based on the design concept and other projects I have completed alike. However, sometimes there are questions that come up that will require some research. In any case, this will conclude the free consultation.
Phase Two: Moving forward with creating the “itemized estimate”. The estimate will consist of itemizations, breaking down the project into sections, i.e.
- Shower faucets, shower tile, vanity, floor tile, etc.
- Allowances for your finishes, i.e. tile, faucets, shower glass, etc.
- Possibly some photos reflecting design elements.
Itemized Estimate Charge – Your itemized estimate will be created based on the design concept we discussed during our consultation. I charge a minimum of $100.00 for the itemized estimate. If there are some floor plan changes, I may draw the new design concept to scale for an additional $100.00 minimal fee.
Phase Three: Great, you have decided to move forward with the project! Now we get into your finish materials selection process and placing the project on our schedule. Product selection appointments will be set up by you with 2 or 3 of my selected team members at their showrooms. The different showrooms are categorized with location #1 for the Tile, location#2 for the Plumbing Fixtures, and location #3 for the vanities. I will provide each vendor with any design details i.e. images of the current space and a floor plan reflecting any changes that we discussed at our meeting necessary to help prepare for your selection meeting with them. During your product selections meeting, the design is naturally fine-tuned. I will provide you with the vendor’s contact information at our initial meeting or just thereafter.
Important Note Here: You’re more than welcome to walk into any of the showrooms during the hours that they are open. However, please note that I do not work with anyone other than those who are currently on our team. Chances are if you walk in you will be approached by someone that’s not on our team. They will not know anything about your project and or our expectations. Thank You in advance for this understanding.
Once your selections have all been made, I then do a check-over of the design and cost for accuracy. Once the design and cost are confirmed with everyone we move forward with a contract and get your project on the schedule. Generally, I am ready to start when your finish materials are delivered.