Bathroom Remodel Consultation Scheduling & Estimate Process
Meeting Preparation – What To Expect
Phase One: Our initial free consultation meeting is conveniently in your home. It generally lasts 30 to 60 minutes. Here are some details as to what this meeting involves to help you prepare:
- The Design Concept. The discussion of what your vision is of the new space in terms of layout and finishes. I typically will also share design ideas that add more to your space, i.e. shower functionality, vanity configurations, etc. Often during our discussion, I will check the dimensions of the space, to confirm that we are headed in the right direction in creating a design that offers a comfortable flow and functionality.
- We will discuss some details as to how I will perform in your home during the project.
- We will discuss where I can store your materials and where I can cut materials. The closer I can cut and store materials to the bathroom being remodeled, the quicker I get done and it saves you money. If it’s on the second floor, I typically use the master bedroom or another bedroom.
- We will discuss details regarding dust management. Go Here to see some of the equipment we use for dust control.
- I will take measurements, photos and a video of the space.
By the conclusion of the initial meeting, I’ll have a general idea of the cost involved in completing the project based on the design concept and other projects I have completed alike. However, sometimes there are questions that come up that will require some research. In any case, this will conclude the free consultation.
Phase Two: Moving forward with creating the “itemized estimate”. The estimate will consist of itemizations, breaking down the project into sections, i.e.
- Shower faucets, shower tile, vanity, floor tile, etc.
- Allowances for your finishes, i.e. tile, faucets, shower glass, etc.
- Possibly some photos reflecting design elements.
Itemized Estimate Charge – Your itemized estimate will be created from the design concept we discussed. I charge a minimum of $100.00 for this service. Typically, I attach in your estimate images that will reflect design details. Please note that every once in a while when creating an itemized estimate, I discover something that was missed during our meeting that changes the quote. Some times the findings lower the cost in the quote and some times it raises the cost in the quote.
Phase Three: Great, you have decided to move forward with the project! Now we get into your finish materials selection process and placing the project on our schedule. Product selection appointments will be set up by you with 2 or 3 of my selected team members at their showrooms. The different showrooms are categorized with location #1 for the Tile, location#2 for the Plumbing Fixtures, and location #3 for the vanities. I will provide each vendor with any design details i.e. images of the current space and a floor plan reflecting any changes that we discussed at our meeting necessary to help prepare for your selection meeting with them. During your product selections meeting, the design is naturally fine-tuned. I will provide you with the vendor’s contact information at our initial meeting or just thereafter.
Important Note Here: You’re more than welcome to walk into any of the showrooms during the hours that they are open. However, please note that I do not work with anyone other than those who are currently on our team. Chances are if you walk in you will be approached by someone that’s not on our team. They will not know anything about your project and or our expectations. Thank You in advance for this understanding.
Once your selections have all been made, I then do a check-over of the design and cost for accuracy. Once the design and cost are confirmed with everyone we move forward with a contract and get your project on the schedule. Generally, I am ready to start when your finish materials are delivered.
Schedule Your Consultation Here