Cost-Effective Bathroom Remodeling
The tips provided here were developed as a bathroom planning assistance to those who are working with a shoestring budget.
- No tiled shower. A fiberglass shower unit will save you several thousands of dollars.
- Keep the existing floor plan as it is.
- Keep your existing flooring or change to the LVT flooring material.
- Keep the vanities & tops.
- If shower tile is a must consider doing the walls in a large format tile. Be careful here though. When staggering these large tiles creating the subway/brick joint look, lippage will occur. As a resolution, consider lining up the grout lines.
Note: Any of these design elements mentioned above are sometimes not something that can remain in the new design. It all depends on other elements of your new design that are a must. Also, keep in mind that when looking to do partial replacements, the finished project could return and un-balanced look of the old and the new combined.
If you are in need of a bathroom remodel due to some sort of product failure, then the cost-effective approach maybe what you have to do. If you are looking to update, then you may consider doing a full remodel.
Here is a couple of cost-effective bathroom remodel looks.
Hall Bathroom Remodel
Features a cultured stone vanity top with an integrated sink for a seamless design look.
Can We Tile Over The Existing Tile?
The answer to that question is yes, most of the time! The only time we don’t recommend in doing so is when we see that it would not hold up as a lifetime lasting investment! If we find the condition of the existing is suitable, with some prep to the existing tile and special blend thinset designed for this application, it can be done! When this option is being considered, the question is now what to do about the transition from the higher floor to the hallway? Here we show one of our wood thresholds custom-tailored and developed onsite. This is just one option, but its the most popular due to its gradual feel and appearance!
Our Bathroom designing tips can help your planning & remodeling project turn out just the way you want it! Thank You for stopping by and we look to do our best to help our customers with this process!
Though your bathroom space may be similar to others, the little differences can open for different design ideas! We will add more tips as time allows! Thank You and please sign up to our blog to receive email notifications of when our New Bathroom Remodeling is here submitted! Enjoy!
- We are removing bathtubs today for the accommodation of a very comfortable shower size! This opens the width up to be around 60″. The standard size and comfortable depth are a minimal of 36″ from the back wall to the shower door and glass! Often this involves moving a toilet a little away from the shower to accommodate the minimal of 36″
- When working with design space for your toilet placement, the center measurement of the toilet to bathtub, vanity or wall must be at least 15 inches! Total space is a minimal of 30 inches!
Shower Design Considerations To Consider
- Shampoo & soap niches should be as far away from the showerhead as possible. When the design dynamics dictate the location being near the showerhead area, keep the niche as high as possible! This approach is to keep your soaps fresh!
Introducing the timeless shower design by Lou Vaughn Remodeling! Shower functions include:
- Recessed Shaving Niche
- Recessed Shampoo & Soap Combination Niche
- Individually Controlled Handheld & Typical Shower Heads
- Accessible Grab Bar
- Curbless Shower Floor!
- No Structural Changes Required – In Most Cases
[aio_button align=”center” animation=”none” color=”red” size=”small” icon=”none” text=”To See More Photos Of This Bathroom Go Here!” relationship=”dofollow” url=”https://louvaughnremodeling.com/accessible-shower-design-remodel/”]
Curbless Shower Video Demonstrates Working Shower Faucet & Drainage .
There are several different bathroom exhaust fans on the market that we will be posting our pros and cons as we do the installs.
4-1-2014 we installed:
Hunter Ellipse Decorative Brushed Nickel Trim 100 CFM Ceiling Exhaust Bath Fan with Bent Frosted Glass and Accents
Pros: Very attractive fan at a great price! Easy to install.
Cons: None at this time.