Key features of this room addition are;
- A Standing Seam Metal Roof. This design was used to accommodate the low angle pitch needed to clear the 2nd story windows.
- Triple Pane Windows by Gilkey. Gilkey offered the best window in terms of quality & warranty for the homeowner.
- 10″ Thick Foundation Walls. The industry standard is 8″.
- A walkout foundation.
- A free-standing wood-burning fireplace.
- 2 1/4″ Oak Hardwood flooring.
- Double Exterior door with full panel glass and integrated blinds.
Room Addition Review:
Lou Vaughn built our room additions which comprised of a full basement, library, and sunroom with hardwood floors. Each floor consisted of over 990 square feet. The library and sunroom are approximately 330 and 660 feet respectively. We had pocket doors installed between the rooms with recessed dimmer controlled lights throughout. A bay window with a seat was constructed at the end of the library room. Custom built cabinets and bookshelves were installed by Lou Vaughn. Track lighting was installed on top of the bookcases in the library. The sunroom has a wood burning stove plus French doors exiting onto the patio.
The project proceeded quite smoothly due to Lou Vaughn’s meticulous attention to detail and professionalism. The entire project was completed within five months. The basement was dug out in a day. The basement footers which were extra conservative to avoid any shifting of the rooms were poured next. No shifting has occurred with the addition. The framing proceeded without any problems. A metal roof was applied due to the low angle of the roof pitch. The windows and French doors were installed next. The drywall went on smoothly and all corners are excellent with crisp angles. All seams were professionally sealed. The hardwood floor went down rapidly. The flooring looks fantastic with the recessed lights throughout the two rooms. The brick siding turned out well. Lou Vaughn oversaw the entire project from start to finish. He is hard working, professional, punctual and honest.
David H. – Montgomery, Ohio